day two of nyc. i fell in love with tribeca (which i just found out means triangle below canal). we met up with my cousins for brunch at locanda verde. sunday was about 85-88 degrees and felt like 150% humidity! although walking around downtown was awesome, it was just rough especially carrying around the 24-70mm lens. i know a lot of people say that it is the perfect walk around lens due to its versatility, but for me (just a “photography enthusiast”), i struggled all day. i didnt take pictures of a lot of things because it was so uncomfortable (sweat city and my shoulder hurt from having the dslr in my purse)! how do photographers do it?! do they have caddies?
taking this picture made me realize how much i need a polarizing filter. even though this has a lot of reflective glare, its one of my favorites. also, locanda verde is a very cute brunch place. definitely try the sheep’s milk ricotta with truffle honey and burnt orange toast! it is amazing! the second thing i would recommend is the lemon ricotta pancakes with blueberries and meyer lemon curd! it’s what they’re known for…and you will understand why.
here is everything we ordered (if you cant tell yet, our trip to nyc was pretty much a food tour. everyone we visited knew we loved food so tried to take us everywhere. brace yourself):
- Sheep’s Milk Ricotta with truffle honey and burnt orange toast
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with blueberries and meyer lemon curd
- Uovo Modenese with cotechino hash, spinach and tomato hollandaise
- Uovo Raviolo with asparagus, english peas and pancetta (there is a surprise egg in this! not loving eggs, i was very surprised when it spewed out)
- Lamb Sausage Grinder with spicy peperonata, broccoli rabe & ricott
nyc adventures to be continued…