we have been craving sushi for awhile now… hence, it was time to do a sushi yuzu run! sushi yuzu is a little gem in toluca lake. if you are a party of 3 or more, you really have to make a reservation for dinner since this place is always packed. no joke.
fish is really fresh here. we honestly havent had anything we disliked here. its a little on the pricey side…$12-20 a roll. however, i do have to note that the rolls are relatively large here.
what we ordered:
- baked crab & spicy tuna roll – delicious
- yellowtail with cilantro & jalapeño - we are big fans of getting this as an appetizer.
- spicy popper roll (spicy tuna roll with popcorn shrimp tempura, cilantro & jalapeno) – we always get this. how could you not?
- blue crab hand roll – kyle’s favorite
- yuzu roll (albacore roll with sliced avocado, yellowtail, cilantro, jalapeño crispy onion and micro green on top of garlic oil ponzu sauce) – our first time trying this. we liked it and would order it again.
another roll that we always get but didnt order this time: lemon roll (spicy tuna roll with tuna, avocado & lemon slices)
service: love the service here! our favorite thing to do is sit at the sushi bar so that we get to talk to the sushi chefs who are… awesome.
ambience: very clean, simple.
parking: parking designated for sushi yuzu is rather limited. you would be better off trying to find street parking.